The world of fashion is one that I never wish to visit. I wish to live there instead. An outsider’s view is tainted by flashbulbs and glitter. On the inside you can see the industry without its makeup on…

Jun 2, 2010

Bonjour! Alo! Hei! Ciao! Dia Duit!

Hello,

My name is Megan.  I love shoes, shopping, mascara, sewing, lip gloss, designing, Prismacolor colored pencils, miniature pigs, romance novels, and all things fashion. What else should you know?....?....? Um, I'm allergic to mosquitoes and shellfish and I live on coffee. I'd drink coffee nonstop all day if I could, but school coffee sucks. That's the other thing, I'm fifteen (sixteen next month!) Let's see...I'm freakishly pale--practically albino-- and I have brown hair with gold and red in it. My eyes change color, they used to be blue all the time, but now they turn teal, grey, and green. I only have nine toes, I know that sounds weird but it really isn't. Theoretically I have ten but two of them are stuck together. It's unfortunate because I can't wear toe socks when it's cold outside.
Anyway, I'm a sophomore in high school. I go to a really yuppie school, but I love it. It's not a private school, but it thinks that it is. I get to take cool classes though. What normal high school has classes like Crafts and Design and Fashion Merchandising? There is a huge commons and a new library on the school, but I don't get to spend much time there. I did freshman year, but this year I have an overloaded schedule (no lunch, no study hall). See, I'm graduating next year. I'm kind of an overachiever only I'm not. I'm not obsessive about grades or anything, I just have this thing about time. I think I'm a chronophobic, that means fear of passing time. I feel like I have more to do than sit in a high school classroom for four years. So anyway, I'm graduating at the end of my junior year. It's scary, but it's right for me. I should speak in the past tense, since tomorrow is my last day of school. I have a geometry final...I hate math.
I want to be a fashion designer. It's not a phase or something. I've always dreamed of going to fashion school, but I can't afford it. I think that that's the way life works, it's not always the people with the most ambition that get the scholarships and the full ride through college. I'm not picky about which design school I go to, I'm all about Parsons, RISD, Art Institute of Chicago, FIDM, Illinois Institute of Art, or FIT. Basically, I'll go to whoever offers me the biggest scholarship. That sounds conceded, but I've worked so hard to get into one of these schools, I just have to. I can't see myself working in a cubical for the rest of my life, I can't even see myself at a normal college. Art school is where I belong I can just feel it.
Alright, so I'm not so sure about this whole blog thing, it's like writing a diary and publishing it on the internet. I think I'll stick with it, but this is not for me to complain about not having money and not being able to get a job, this is a place for me to talk about what I love--fashion. So here you have it, this is my space. This is a place for me to talk about fashion news, fashion design, and share with the world what I have to offer. If anyone is reading this, thanks for listening.

XOXO
Megzi

No comments:

Post a Comment