The world of fashion is one that I never wish to visit. I wish to live there instead. An outsider’s view is tainted by flashbulbs and glitter. On the inside you can see the industry without its makeup on…

Jun 7, 2010

Before We Went Gaga

A few years ago there was a song free on Itunes that got us all dancing. I doubt many of you remember Kerli's hit Walking on Air but I sure do. While many people stuck with this hit, I began to really like her stuff. It's a strange mix of metal, pop, and outright weird. For instance, her song Strange Boy is the song I want to use for my first fashion show. Butterfly Cry is the ideal breakup song, and Creationist always make me get up and jam out. Well, today I saw the new Alice in Wonderland for the first time (OMFG I love the costumes!!!) and I recognized her voice on one of the songs. Sure enough, she sung Tea Party for the movie soundtrack Almost Alice. I started watching her music videos and realized that Kerli was the Lady Gaga of 2008. She was decked out in over the top costumes and extreme makeup months before anyone had ever imagined a Poker Face or sang to the steering wheel about Paparazzi. So next time you're in the mood for something to dance to, or a slightly creepy music video to watch, check out Tea Party http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY58uPtAM68.

XOXO
~Megzi

No comments:

Post a Comment