The world of fashion is one that I never wish to visit. I wish to live there instead. An outsider’s view is tainted by flashbulbs and glitter. On the inside you can see the industry without its makeup on…

Jun 7, 2010

#7 on Vogues...wait this is on the BEST dressed list?!?

I am obsessed with the Vogue best dressed list. I check three or four times a week for a new list, it's an addiction I swear. Anyway, I usually think that the editor, Alexandra Kotur, is always spot on but this week I think she missed the spot on number seven. Joan Smalls wore a white floor length number to the closing of Marina Abramovic's "The Artist is Present". At first I thought this gown was absolutely stunning, the material was obviously expensive and handled with the utmost care. The way the skirt flares is graceful without being obnoxious and the neckline sexy yet demure. Then, on close inspection, I realized that the tailer simply forgot to line the dress and this fabulous gown was ruined in my eyes. For years women have gone to all lengths to hide their undergarments from the world, but this dress says "Look at me, I'm shear and you can see Ms. Smalls underwear." What on Earth was Givenchy thinking? It is one thing for a model to walk down a runway in a purposely see through dress, but it is a holey other thing to go to an event with your boy cut underwear visible for the whole world. Honey, I know you're proud of your body, but I just didn't want to know you that well!
Do you think this dress deserves the #7 spot of the best dressed list or does Ms. Smalls need to head to Neiman Marcus and buy a slip?


XOXO-Megzi

No comments:

Post a Comment